Thursday 24 January 2013

Broken bottles - think before ordering from this seller!

Today I want to tell you what happened just before Christmas last year when I ordered nail polishes from the U.K based seller fragrancemad.com
 
After seeing some beautiful milkywhite glitter polishes from W7 at Gelic's I ordered nine bottles from fragrancemad.com. After a week or so I got them and collected the parcel at my local post office.

Immediately I understood something was wrong because when I got the parcel in my hands it sounded like there was a rattle snake in it :/ I rushed home and opened it and you can imagine my disappointment when I saw this mess...
One bottle had broken and covered all the others in dried nail polish and glass pieces!!! And it must have happened early because the polish was completely dry.

When packing them they had just lain them in a pile in the bottom of the box and then just added some normal flat plastic on them!?!? There was a gap of merely air almost 10 cm to the top of the box!!! Idiots!!!
I got so angry!! Five of these bottles were supposed to be Christmas presents and it was already the 20th of December?!?! Arrrgghhhh! >:(
You can't give away bottles covered in dried polish and glass pieces!!! :(
So I wrote to fragrancemad.com and after censoring the mail twice (removing all the bad words and name callings ;)), I ended up sending them this:
"I've just received my order from you containing nine W7 nail polish bottles.
I've never seen such poor packing (and I order a lot online) and as a result one of the bottles had broken in thousand pieces and damaged all other bottles!
These nine polishes were supposed to be x-mas presents but I can't possibly give away any of them now! They are covered in nail polish and pieces of sharp glass has stuck on them as the broken bottle polish has dried!I am so disappointed!!
I want nine new bottles according to the order (much better packed!!) and if you want me to return the mess I'd like a returns label.
I have pictures of the damaged goods if you need to see it.
Please advise a.s.a.p."


The day after I received this reply:
"I'm really sorry about this, the woman who packs our orders has obviously done a bad job. I have made a replacement order this morning and it will be posted today. If any of the polishes you received are usable please keep them, or throw them away if not. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience in not being able to give the polishes as Christmas presents, and I hope that the replacements are with you soon. I will post by tracked delivery so they should be faster than the original order. Have a happy Christmas, and once again I'm really sorry for this mistake."

Five days later I received a note that I had a pacel to collect. This time a sign-for-parcel (rek as we say in Swedish ;)). This time the parcel was even bigger, actually ridiculously big for nine polish bottles ;) 
I got it and almost fainted of fury!! The sound from the parcel was like it was a rattle snake in it!!! Aaaarrrgghhh!!!
I ran home and held my breath as I opened it.... The packaging was appallingly bad again but they were not broken... puh... ;)

So I do not recommend this seller but I think they handled it ok during the circumstances (I mean he did say sorry three times ;)) 
So now I've got eight extra bottles of W7 that after cleaning will be as good as new - I hope ;)

Have you had any bad luck like this with broken bottles? 

22 comments:

  1. Only one time and that was from Llarowe. And the problem was not poor packing but I think the bottle had leaked. Best Customer Service ever. I recievd a new bottle without any problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Llarowe does the best packaging I've even seen actually! :)
      The problem with fragrancemad wasn't the customer service, it was the extremely poor packaging!! Not only once - but twice!!

      Delete
  2. Shittt!! Tack för varningen!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vilken inkompetens! Och så puckat, jag menar det ligger ju i deras intresse att produkterna kommer fram hela så att de slipper ersätta dem och få en extra kostnad. Nej, kommer inte beställa från den säljaren.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jag vet!! Å deras huvudprodukt de säljer är parfymer!!! Hur packar de dom liksom?? Vilka idioter!! Nej, håll dig borta är mitt tips.

      Delete
  4. Men hjälp. Helt extremt. Man blir ju så besviken dessutom när man har väntat på paket och så kommer det fram i det skicket. :/ Tur att de höll andra gången ändå.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, jag blev så besviken! Det var ju dessutom julklappar!! Det vara bara att gå ut och hitta andra lack liksom... Såååå irriterande!!

      Delete
  5. Nej :( Va trist att höra, har beställt av dem två gånger och det har varit helt alla gånger, däremot har jag varit förvånad när jag öppnat dem eftersom de ligger så pass opackade. Lite bubbelplast och inte tejpat vilket gör att de ligger och kluckar glas mot glas, dessutom är lådan så stor, så de har flygutrymme innanför.. Däremot gillade jag att de faktiskt skickade igen utan att gnälla. Även om det inte kompenserar förlusten av julklappar..:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kanske var de extra dåligt packade pga julrushen... men det ursäktar inte den sämsta packningen nånsin ändå!!
      En gång ingen gång. Två gånger en vana liksom.
      Blir inget mer från dom. Ska kolla nån kedja i London som ska ha W7 när jag åker dit i vår.

      Delete
    2. Ja, kanske, men jul ursäktar inget. Då borde istället packa bättre tycker jag nästan. Mer paket i omlopp och större risk för våldsam hantering.
      Lyckost som ska till London! Riktigt avis på dig!
      Finns även fler sidor som skickar W7 till sverige men som är lite dyrare, nu minns jag inte vad de heter, men om du googlar så hittar du nog. Fast nu behöver du ju kanske inte det med tanke på allt lack du lär hitta i London! :D

      Delete
    3. Ja, du har rätt! De borde packa extra bra vid jul!! Idioter!! >:(
      Ska jag ha fler W7 får det bli från nån annan site eller direkt från London ;)
      Ska bli så kul att gå på lackjakt där!! :D

      Delete
  6. Riktigt uselt att inte packa det ordentligt i omgång två åtminstone! Är ju inga svårigheter att göra en anteckning på ordern om extra ordentlig packning, om de nu inte vill "slösa" på bubbelplats åt alla andra kunder.
    Jag har trots ett oändligt antal paket från alla möjliga delar av världen aldrig råkat ut för en enda trasig flaska. Har slagit sönder ett par här hemma men posten har aldrig gjort det åt mig. Har nog haft tur

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, riktigt uselt att inte göra rätt andra gången när de liksom får en chans att visa att de kan packa!
      Det är väl så att vissa säljare är bättre än andra på att packa bra. Den här säljaren är INTE bra på det.

      Delete
  7. Usch! Jag har fått en trasig flaska och det var från min favoritsäljare på ebay som alltid ersätter utan problem om olyckan är framme. Det där ser ju inte helt okej ut :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nä, det där var inte okej nånstans.
      Kul att du har hittat en bra säljare på e-bay!

      Delete
  8. Hi hon, oh that sucks!!! Luckily I never experienced a broken bottle disaster yet!!!! But I had a no-show experience with an online seller and to date there is no sight near or far of the sending. I don't expect to receive it anymore as this is about a year ago. The seller is also from the UK and the communication by them is snotty and unforthcoming. The name: Beauty Bay. Mind you I have not ordered since and my first two or three orders arrived timely. Then performance plunged to non-existence. Oh and then I ordered some Zoyas from a US seller and received the delivery after I think 7 weeks containing the right number of bottles but about 3/4 of the colors were wrong - cannot remember its name now!!! Conclusion: lesson learned, I always double and triple check an online seller now before ordering for the first time - phew that was a looong comment ;-)!!! Hope you will enjoy the polishes anyhow xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi pet!
      Really?? A no show from beauty bay??? I've ordered from them several times but luckily all have arrived. But now I'll be thinking twice before ordering from them again... What bad luck you had!! Feel sorry for you darling!
      I also have a similar experience from a US seller when I ordered together with a friend. But instead of exchanging the colours they sent us only a few of the ordered polishes and all we got instead was a discount check that we couldn't use until our next order!! And we didn't get my money back either!! Worst customer service ever!! It was beauty something....
      So, yes, always use trusted sellers ;) Take care darling! xxx

      Delete
  9. Jag har fått hem ett trasigt opi minilack en gång från transdesign. Det hade gått av i halsen. Jag bydde mig dock inte om att göra någon felanmälan (Det var inte dåligt packat eller så, så jag såg det mest som en olycka, och så var det ju bara ett minilack. De andra flaskorna klarade sig bra)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vad tråkigt! TD brukar ju packa väldigt bra. Kanske var det nån spricka i glaset som gjorde det?

      Delete
  10. Jaaaap..

    2 gånger från eBay. Ena gången var det OPI - I think in Pink från OPI Pink of hearts 2012, fick knappt hälften av pengarna tillbaks. Halsen hade gått av och det var nagellack över allt. Andra gången var OPI - Suzi and the 7 Düsseldorfs, såg ut som flaskan hade körts genom en köttkvarn. De andra två flaskorna i paketet var hela och jag fick en ny utan kostnad.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Näe! F-n vad trist!! Tur att det gick bra andra gången iaf! Att du fick ny menar jag.
    Det är alltid en risk att beställa på nätet, speciellt från e-bay och liknande. Men det går ju bra förvånansvärt många ggr iag! :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment but please be respectful :) Questions will be answered here as soon as possible. Spam will automatically not be published and/or deleted. Thank you for reading!