Friday 15 February 2013

Elixir Lacquers With a K - swatches and review

This week has just flown by! I can't believe it's Holo Friday again!!
I've been so buzy this week and yesterday, on Valentine's Day, I broke FIVE out of ten nails... :( I'm a florist and I worked my socks off yesterday! ;)

Anyway, today I'm showing you a gem I've been hiding in my stash since last summer! ;) This is With a K from Elixir Lacquers! :D
In these pictures I've layered it over Barry M Shocking Pink. This makes it look a bit warmer pink compared to what it looks IRL. But it's a bright cold pink jelly packed with small and large holographic glitter. It's gorgeous in my opinion! :D


GOOD TO KNOW ABOUT WITH A K:

Type of polish: Glitter in a jelly base.

Colour: A bright light pink jelly with silver holographic micro glitter and large holographic glitter.

Collection: Elixir Lacquers The Preciate Collection 2012.

Opacity: Because it's a jelly it's sheer. This is three coats over Barry M Shocking Pink.

Drying time: Normal.

Formula: Very good! Nice texture in spite of all the glitter. Easy to a apply.

Brush: Very good! Thick and firm! :)

Shine: Shiny on its own, so I have no top coat in these pictures. If you want smooth nails I recommend at least one coat of top coat. Otherwise this polish will leave your nails with a bit of a rough surface.

Accurate colour, photo vs IRL: It's a bit more cold pink IRL. These picures show it a bit to red. And of course it's much more sparkly and glittery IRL! :D

Grade: 4+/5 :)

I think this is a beautiful and fun polish which is unique in my collection. The sheerness is my only tiny little complaint. I know it's a jelly, but still ;)
I also really like the text on the bottle "What's your poison?" ;) I sure know what my poison is ;)

What is your poison? ;)
How do you like "With a K"?

12 comments:

  1. Åh vad tråkigt att du bröt så många naglar, men kan tänka mig att det var en stökig dag igår om du jobbar som florist. Hoppas de växer ut fort igen.
    Vilket snyggt lack, älskar det!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, igår var ingen lätt dag för mina stackars naglar... men hoppas på snabb återväxt...
      Ja, visst är det lite fint det här? :D Ska prova den ensamt nån annan gång så får ni se skillnaden.

      Delete
  2. Hi sweetie, what a gorgeous polish, looks stunning on ya <3!!! Oh my gosh, of course you must have had a monster day yesterday!!! Hope you had a cozy evening though xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi pet! Thanks! Yes, it was a monster day yesterday! LOL! But fun too. Shame about the nail though... I worked late, very late so not much of a cozy evening either but I'll survive ;) Take care sugar!
      xxx

      Delete
  3. Beklagar naglarna, jag förstår att det är svårt när man har händerna i vatten hela tiden! Du kanske får testa ett gellack och se om det hjälper?
    Lacket är lite för rosa för min smak (som väl alla vet vid det här laget :-)), men det var fint på dig och det ser härligt glittrigt ut!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nä, det är inte lätt för naglarna att sitta på en florist ;) speciellt inte på alla hjärtans dag när vi betjänar över 500 kunder på samma dag ;)
      Ja, jag ska definitivt testa gellack för att se om det blir nån skillnad!
      LOL! Ja, hade du sagt att du älskade det här lacket hade jag nog ramlat av stolen i ren chock! LOL!

      Delete
  4. Riktigt alla hjärtans dag-sött! Och trist med naglarna...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. På alla hjärtan hade jag konstigt nog ingenting på naglarna (förutom ett baslack). Det hanns liksom inte med...
      Men jag borde definitivt ha haft nåt sånt här!! Kanske hade fler kunnat räddats då också...

      Delete
  5. I'm so sorry about the nails, but I love the polish :D
    I can't belive you left such a beauty untried for so long ;D But I know how it is, I tend to do the same sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe it either!! Why do we do that?!?! ;)
      You can't wait for it to arrive after ordering it and then you just leave it untried for ages?! Weird... ;)

      Delete
  6. Ajaj, med naglarna, men vilket fint lack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lacket får tummen upp! :)
      De avbrutna naglarna får tummen ner :(

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment but please be respectful :) Questions will be answered here as soon as possible. Spam will automatically not be published and/or deleted. Thank you for reading!